Dione Mason is an Award Winning Fitness & Lifestyle Coach; Event Producer; Founder/President of The Simunye Foundation; and Founder/Race Director of the Toronto Carnival Run, who has proven her dedication, drive and commitment to excellence in the Health and Fitness Industry.
She started teaching group fitness classes in 2000 and has a wealth of experience and knowledge about techniques and industry trends. Therefore, allowing her to present a variety of techniques, styles and formats to enhance and create a stimulating and challenging experience. She has taught to audiences of various ages and wellness stages at corporate, private, and public gyms as well as International audiences at Caribbean resorts.
Through her Group Fitness classes, audiences are motivated by her energy, creativity, style and focus in helping participants not only achieve their fitness goals, but have fun while doing it.
As a Certified Personal Trainer, Dione works with clients to achieve their goals by developing an individualized program based on their strengths and opportunities. From the beginner to the athlete, under Dione’s guidance, she works to help her clients achieve their goals.
In the community, Dione has been featured over 100 times in charity initiatives that promote health and wellness such as the Alzheimer Society Walk for Memories, Brain Tumour Walk, Scotiabank Rat Race, and the United Way CN Tower Climb.
As an Event Producer/Race Director, she has raised the bar in developing creative ways to enhance the fitness experience in the Greater Toronto Area and abroad by creating unique fitness event experiences as The Queens of Dance Fitness, The Kings of Dance Fitness, Floor on Fire, and the Toronto Carnival Run.
As a Philanthropist, she founded a not-for-profit organization called The Simunye Foundation whose purpose is to unite, empower and enlighten the African/Caribbean community toward positive lifestyle changes through individual health and wellness promotion, career and business development, and arts and cultural support.
Dione not only teaches and trains, but lives the fitness philosophy by maintaining an active lifestyle and participating in events as the Sporting Life 10K, Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, and many more.
- Certified Spinning Instructor, Mad Dogg Athletics
- Fitness Instructor Specialist, Can Fit Pro
- Personal Trainer Specialist, Can Fit Pro
- Nutrition and Wellness Specialist, Can Fit Pro
- Fitness Kickboxing Instructor, Fitness Kickboxing Canada
- Certified GROOVE™ Instructor, The GROOVE Method™
- Certified Bokwa® Instructor, Bokwa® Fitness
- Bokwa® Education Specialist Trainer, Bokwa® Fitness
Class formats taught:
- Aqua Fitness
- Boot camp
- Cardio Kickboxing
- Dance Fitness (i.e. Bokwa®, The GROOVE™, Zumba®)
- Indoor Cycling/Spinning
- Muscle Conditioning
- 2017 CanFitPro Fitness Instructor of the Year
- 2017 Pan African Health Expo Metal of Honour Recipient
- 2016 Role Model Inductee of the Black Canadian Women Awards
- 2015 Woman on Fire Community Activist Award Nominee
- 2015 – 100 Black Women to Watch in Canada Inductee
- 2012 Train or Be Trained Trainer of the Year Award
- 2012 Zumba Unsung Hero Award
- Sway Magazine
- Metro News
- Breakfast Television
- SNAP Magazine
- Can Fit Pro Magazine
- Toronto Star
- City TV
- Rogers TV
Fitness Club Experience:
- Adelaide Club
- Armour Heights, Oakdale, Roding Community Centres
- Boulevard Club, The
- Extreme Fitness
- Fitness Institute
- Judy’s Group Fitness
- Hard Candy Fitness
- Mayfair Racquet and Fitness Club
- Miles Davis Jewish Community Centre
- Ontario Racquet Club
- Premier Fitness
- Toronto Athletic Club
- Toronto Star Fitness Centres
- Tri Fit (Sussex Centre, Medtronic and Ingram Micro)
- University of Toronto Athletic Centre
- Women’s Fitness Clubs of Canada
- Yorkville Club
- Guest Fitness Instructor, Sandos Caracol Eco Resort and Spa – Mexico, February 2012
- Guest Fitness Instructor, Blue Bay Villas Doradas – Dominican Republic, December 2010
- Guest Fitness Instructor, Breezes Varadero – Cuba, May 2007
- Guest Fitness Instructor, Breezes Jibacoa – Cuba, October 2006
- Guest Fitness Instructor, Coral by Hilton – Dominican Republic, April 2006